Saturday, May 12, 2018

PPP / Module Evaluation

                                                                  Module Evaluation 

PPP is a module that is highly beneficial in terms of gaining knowledge and experience within the industry. Additionally, it is an opportunity to reflect on how you want to communicate yourself as a designer, for potential clients and work opportunities, through self-identity.

This module allowed me to create my self branding project of which I am very proud of. Branding myself was especially difficult for me as my name is quite long and very often people don't know how to pronounce my surname. I took the decision to use a different brand name which is 'Mitsuvanity'. As I previously said, a lot of people known me by this nickname so I thought it would be appropriate to use it. Once I decided on a concept it was quite easy and fun to develop. In this brief, I wanted to show myself, what I love and my interest as a designer. My self-branding project designs like a logo, business cards etc affect my audience, and it shouldn't be about how I feel about it so I had to ask the audience which are my close friends, mainly because they all seen my work and know me very well as a person. This helped me to produce an outcome which really shows my personality and the style of my work. I feel I experimented throughout the brief well as I have created business cards, cv, stickers and my own website with a portfolio on WIX. All those resolutions followed the same guidelines such as colour and style, to show continuity across the whole project.

Out of university, I have attended multiple talks and creative events. I haven't completed any placement during the school year, because my idea was to get a placement during the summer holidays as I have applied for postgraduates in London, so after my placement, my plan was to stay with them for a part-time job if offered. In a meantime, I was contacting different graphic design studios in Poland to have a backup plan. Also, I thought it would be beneficial for me as a designer to travel and do a placement in a different country as well. I have been invited to the placement in one of the graphic design studios in Poland which is based on advertising and packaging designs. I decided to go to Poland during the summer and do my placement there.

Overall I feel I have learned a lot about myself as a person and who I am as a creative within the industry this year. I feel the style of my work has really changed. I have gained the most experience this year than previously in levels 4 and 5, by contacting multiple studios within the and UK and Poland. By establishing that these are locations I am interested in working in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment