Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Self Branding / Previous Design / Lynx

                                                          First year self branding - Lynx 



In my first year, I began to do my first attempt at my self branding / self promotion designs. For the name, I looked into names which are associated with the moon, night as I loved to include certain illustrations of the moon in my designs on my foundation course and first year. Also, the moon is associated with night and black colour so I thought it would be a nice connection to my work as all my illustrations were always black and white. My research ended up on looking at the constellation list from which I chose 'Lynx' which is the name of the star for my brand name.

Logo Development:



For the last three logo designs, I have used some illustrations, all of them were only black and white as I loved to work only with those colours and with the fine linear.

My self branding in first year also contained illustrated playing cards with all my designs. Below is en example of it:




                                                                      Evaluation 

Overall, I was very happy with my outcome as it showed exactly what I was aiming for, but now looking at those designs form the first year, especially the name its not something I would like to further develop now. I didn't used this logo anywhere at all as then I realized the name 'Lynx' a lot of people associate with the company of male grooming products. I feel I have developed and changed as a designer so this year I will create a logo design which I am going to be proud of and will definitely use it for my designs and website.

No comments:

Post a Comment