Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Self Branding / Metal Business Card

Using my research on unique business cards I gain an idea of creating metal business cards.  For my extended practice collaboration brief I had a chance to learn how to use the leaser printer so I decided to give it a go and use my gained skills. The concept behind using metal for business cards is that is strong, lasting and will leave an impression. Metal business cards would be easier to hold onto rather than lose in a bag or a pocket. Also the paper business cards is very easy to get dirty and it makes the text faded after a while.

I went to the metal workshop in our uni to discuss the idea further. I was advised that I will need to source the metal, cut it to the right size and then use the sandblast method (the best way to get the design onto it). To do this I need to buy etch resist vinyl and lasercut the design, then pick up the parts I want to be sandblasted, the covered section will not be touched.

Limitations

Metal could be heavy and sharp on the edges (people might cut themselves with it).
It's hard to print designs onto it simply.

Positives 

Doesn't rip or decompose
Different than the other business cards
Looks interesting/unique
Conceptual
Leaves a lasting impression

No comments:

Post a Comment